If you have a positive attitude, love to meet new people, and have a few extra hours a month to dedicate to a worthy cause, we’ve got a role for you!
The MAN VAN is Canada’s only mobile men’s health clinic, providing free PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) blood tests. On scheduled dates, the MAN VAN offers testing in Calgary which helps educate men on the importance of early prostate cancer detection.
The MAN VAN Driver will be responsible for:
- Picking up the MAN VAN, getting the VAN to the clinic location, and setting the VAN up for the clinic.
- Gassing up and cleaning the VAN if needed.
- Returning the VAN to the proper parking location after the clinic.
- Assisting in set-up and takedown of the clinic area.
- Approaching potential clients to have their PSA tests done.
- Assisting clients through the registration process.
- Offering information about the MAN VAN’s services.
- Providing assurance and comfort to patients in waiting area as appropriate.
Additional Details & Skills Required:
- Clean driver’s license
- Comfort in driving 25′ RV “B” Class RV
- Knowledge of prostate cancer and related disease from a personal perspective is a bonus, but not essential.
- Physical fitness is a must as setting up the VAN requires some physical exertion.
- Good verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Positive attitude, sense of humor, and outgoing personality with the ability to be sensitive to men who are being tested in the VAN.
Why should you volunteer for this opportunity?
Our team of dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers enhances the services provided to our clients. Whether at our office or out in the community, volunteers make a difference in the lives of our clients as well as their families and friends.
Volunteering is a great way to meet new people and share your talents while assisting Calgary’s Prostate Cancer Centre clients. We hope that your volunteer experience will also expand your skillset and help you realize some of your personal goals.
Ken Rabb | 403.943.8952 | firstname.lastname@example.org