Since our inception in 1999, we have been unwavering in our commitment to excellence. It is through this dedication that we developed a new model for prostate cancer care, education, and research. Together, we sought to bring all the urologists in Calgary under one roof. We are proud to say that we are the only place in Canada where this innovative model of prostate cancer care exists.
Our mission is and will continue to be to promote overall health and well-being, inspire hope, and reduce the impact of prostate cancer in our community. We are very excited to see what the next 20 years will bring.
Here are a few of our biggest accomplishments over the years:
- The successful launch of our Men’s Health program. To date, we have tested 2,000 men for general health indicators and continue to average 6,000 PSA tests per year.
- The introduction of a mental health stress test to our Men’s Health program on the MAN VAN™.
- The final 19th annual Bill Brooks Benefit Gala reached a cumulative total dollars raised of over $8.8 M.
- The inaugural Women for Men’s Health “Gloves On Gala” raised $150,000.
- The completion of construction of the Bill Brooks and Spaner Family Men’s Health Clinic.
- Official grand opening of the Men’s Health Centre across the hall.
- A world site for active surveillance for men with prostate cancer.
- Introduction of a Bone Health Program for men undergoing hormone therapy.
- #1 recruiting site in North America for SPECT CT research study